On November 6, the “3 DCFTAs” Project, in cooperation with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum and the Ukrainian Think Tanks Liaison Office in Brussels (UTTLOB)with the support of the International Renaissance Foundation, is organising an online-webinar “Eastern Europe – between democracy and conflict”.
All six Eastern Partnership states – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine – now find themselves simultaneously at major turning points. The most dramatic and tragic is the ongoing renewed war between Azerbaijan and Armenia over Nagorno Karabakh. Then the democratic uprising in Belarus remains unresolved after two months. The three states with Association Agreements with the EU – Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine – all coincidentally face important elections in the days preceding the webinar, which will reveal tendencies in these countries’ strategic orientations.
This webinar therefore assembles experts from all six countries together for a unique regional overview.
● Veronika Movchan, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting, Ukraine
● Denis Cenusa, Expert-Grup, Moldova
● Ghia Nodia, Ilia State University, Georgia
● Benyamin Poghosyan, Political Science Association of Armenia, Armenia
● Shahla Ismayil, Women Association for Rational Development, Azerbaijan, Steering Committee EaP CSF
● Andrei Yahorau, Centre for European Transformation, Belarus, EaP CSF
Michael Emerson, Associate Senior Research Fellow, CEPS
Date: November 6, 2020
Time: 11:30-13:00 CET
This event is free and open to the public.
We kindly ask you to register in English by November 5, 2020.
Please connect to the event 5 minutes prior (11:25) to allow time for technical assistance and troubleshooting. Questions to the panelists should be addressed in Q&A chat.
Video will be taken during the event. It may be processed and used by the organisers. By registering to this event, you are granting us the rights to do so.