On January 20, Joe Biden will be sworn in as the 46th President of the United States of America. After four years of Donald Trump's “America First” approach, it is expected that Biden’s administration will revitalize transatlantic relations with European allies and will work on restoration and improvement of mechanisms of global order. While for the Western liberal democracies it will mark the beginning of “going back to normal” in relations with the US, Eastern European countries also have their own hopes from the next US president.
Thus, on January 27, within the framework of the “3 DCFTAs” Project CEPS in cooperation with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is organizing an online-webinar “From Trump to Biden in the eyes of Eastern Europe (and the European Union)”.
The webinar will hear experts from Eastern Partnership states and Russia debate the legacy of Trump’s presidency for their countries and present expectations from the Biden’s forthcoming administration in various sectors of bilateral relations ranging from the support of democracy, security cooperation, economics to fighting the pandemic and climate change. The event will be open for audience participation in Q & A session.
● Veronika Movchan, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting, Ukraine
● Denis Cenusa, Expert-Grup, Moldova
● Ghia Nodia, Ilia State University, Georgia
● Benyamin Poghosyan, Political Science Association of Armenia, Armenia
● Shahla Ismayil, Women Association for Rational Development, Azerbaijan, Steering Committee EaP CSF
● Andrei Yahorau, Centre for European Transformation, Belarus, EaP CSF
● Andrey Makarychev, University of Tartu, Estonia
● George Spencer Terry, University of Tartu, Estonia
Date: January 27, 2021
Time: 11:30-13:00 CET
This event is free and open to the public.
We kindly ask you to register in English by January 26, 2021.
Please connect to the event 5 minutes prior (11:25) to allow time for technical assistance and troubleshooting. Questions to the panellists should be addressed in Q&A chat.
Video will be taken during the event. It may be processed and used by the organisers. By registering to this event, you are granting us the rights to do so.