On December 16, within the framework of the “3 DCFTAs” Project CEPS in cooperation with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is organizing an online-webinar “COVID-19 in Eastern Europe: economic and political consequences”.
This our already second webinar will review the state of the COVID-19 pandemic in Eastern Europe, in comparison with trends in most of Western Europe where the second summer wave of infections exceeded the first wave in the spring, but now has passed its peak with rapidly declining new infections. By contrast, among the countries of Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Moldova, as also Russia, are witnessing a long, continuing acceleration of the pandemic, which is manifestly out of control. Azerbaijan, Belarus and Armenia have been experiencing second waves, with the peak passed only in Armenia. Finally, Georgia, which avoided the first wave entirely, now sees an explosive acceleration of infections.
The webinar will hear experts from the Eastern Partnership countries and Russia debate these dramatic developments for their epidemiological, economic and political consequences, with the event open for audience participation in Q & A.
● Veronika Movchan, Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting, Ukraine
● Denis Cenusa, Expert-Grup, Moldova
● Tamara Kovziridze, Reformatics, Georgia
● Benyamin Poghosyan, Political Science Association of Armenia, Armenia
● Shahla Ismayil, Women Association for Rational Development, Azerbaijan, Steering Committee EaP CSF
● Andrei Yahorau, Centre for European Transformation, Belarus, EaP CSF
● Andrey Makarychev, University of Tartu, Estonia
Date: December 16, 2020
Time: 11:30-13:00 CET
This event is free and open to the public.
We kindly ask you to register in English by December 15, 2020.
Please connect to the event 5 minutes prior (11:25) to allow time for technical assistance and troubleshooting. Questions to the panellists should be addressed in Q&A chat.
Video will be taken during the event. It may be processed and used by the organisers. By registering to this event, you are granting us the rights to do so.